Saturday, April 5, 2014

Los Amigos

I love mexican food! It is my guilty pleasure, I could eat it all day every day. When I saw that Los Amigos was on the list of places I could go for this assignment I was excited. I have only been here one other time. I went here because this is the only place that I could find on the list that my friends would go to. We got there and the environment is warm and inviting, it was easy to have conversations with the people I went with. You can sense the difference in culture, this is because at more American type food places there is a much more fast pace feel. Where they have you come in, they bring you drinks quickly, then they take your orders, you are in and out within an hour. At Los Amigos they give you a lot of time to get drinks, then they don't make it feel rushed. We noticed it about halfway through when we were just chatting and had a relaxed environment.
I have been to Spain, this is not authentic food here at Los Amigos. It is Americanized mexican food. Loaded with cheese and a lot of fat but it was delicious. I know that the food was also made in American proportions, the burrito was the size of two of my faces. This is not the actual proportion of food for mexicans, they eat smaller meals and we give them the ideas of all the types of foods. My roommates boyfriend is Mexican and he came with us and was correcting all the food and was saying how it wasn't authentic and he could make better mexican food.
Overall I loved my trip to Los Amigos! My roommates did too, it was a great place for a great night out

to dinner where you don't want to feel rushed. The proportions are large but as a college kid on a budget you have left overs! Also the prices are not that bad, it was 9.99 for a burrito that was huge. It seems pretty cost efficient.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, i doubt the Malaysian dish I ordered at Raza Ria was authentic Malaysian, maybe that's true for a lot of the ethnic resturants around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that burrito is humungous and looks delicious! I've only been there one time also and I am a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that there really isn't anything "authentic" per se in America that tries to be like it's culture. It's still nice that there are establishments that can be close to it.

    ReplyDelete